Fun & Recreation:
Yates County is at the epicenter of the Finger Lakes Region that sees more than 20 million visitors spend over $2.2 billion on an annual basis. Renowned for our beautiful scenery and world class wines, visitors come to the region every year to visit our local wineries, tour and shop at our organic farms and farmer’s markets, vacation on one of our three Finger Lakes, hunt and camp in our forests and parks, stroll through our historic villages, hike along the outlet trail or simply purchase some of the many high-quality hand crafted goods produced by our local Mennonite families. With so much to do, there is little reason to doubt the economic impact of tourism in Yates County now and in the future.
- The average Yates County visitor stays three days and spends nearly $500 a day
- 3 Finger Lakes (Keuka, Canandaigua, Seneca) provide venues to boat, sail, swim and dive
- 35+ Award winning wineries draw nearly 500,000 annual visitors that generate $14 million in annual retail sales and an overall economic impact of over $26 million … allowing our local wineries to invest in over $30 million in recent capital improvements. Over 100 wineries within driving distance.
- The Windmill Farm & Craft Market houses over 200 vendors on 31 acres of property and generates between 8,000 and 10,000 shoppers every weekend
- One of the largest Mennonite populations in the United States accounts for a large portion of locally produced furniture and crafts, available both on site and at the various farmers markets around Yates County